Making of carbon fiber glasses
23-05-12 19:43:37 By Bestsea eyewear
Carbon fiber glasses and carbon fiber sunglasses are considered to be one of the lightest eyewear. Carbon fiber, a new material, is both as solid as a rock and as tough as a hair, which satisfies people's tireless pursuit of quality in the field of materials since ancient times. Compared with other materials, fiber material has more advantages, such as its ultra-light, super strong, wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, high modulus, environmental protection, skin-friendly, etc. Therefore, it is widely used in aerospace, national defense, automobile industry, energy It is also widely used in equipment, construction engineering and other fields. The weight of carbon fiber is only a quarter of that of steel, but its strength is indeed 20 times that of steel, which is one of the reasons why carbon fiber glasses are popular, especially some carbon fiber sports glasses. This article mainly understands some knowledge about how making of carbon fiber glasses.
Below is a pair of carbon fiber framed glasses.
First of all, let's understand what is carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is a polymer, precisely, carbon atoms that have been shaped into filaments through multiple heating steps. Each of these filaments is about 5-10 microns in diameter, which is 10-20 times thinner than an average human hair. Carbon fiber filaments look like human hair. These monofilaments are gathered together to form a tow, just like twisting several strands into a rope. The carbon fibers that work together have the characteristics that people think of-lightness and strength. The number of filaments used for a single carbon tow, for example a carbon tow with 3,000 filaments is usually designated 3K, 6000 filaments is 6K, and so on. Higher modulus is not always better because higher modulus means higher brittleness.
Before the resin is added to the carbon tow, it is still very soft and almost useless. Adding resin to carbon fiber turns the material into a composite.
Resin is relatively bulky compared to lightweight carbon fiber. When producing such composite materials, manufacturers hope to use as little resin as possible to fix the carbon fibers. Here is also to teach you a method to distinguish the modulus of carbon fiber by resin content. Carbon with higher modulus will emit light, because the tow gap of high-modulus carbon is small, and less resin needs to be filled. Conversely, low-modulus carbon tow The gap is large and the filling resin is more, so the gloss is relatively dull.
Huge slabs of pre-preg carbon fiber are transported in rolls to the frame factory, where they are cut into small pieces before they can be placed into molds. Designers need to weigh a wide range of parameters, such as stiffness versus brittleness, weight versus durability, impact resistance, and of course cost, to ensure the most appropriate type of carbon fiber is used in the most appropriate places. The design possibilities of carbon fiber glasses frames are endless, and the weight and comfort of carbon fiber glasses is the best.
1. Design of carbon fiber glasses. Due to the special material of carbon fiber, designing carbon fiber glasses is a slow and complicated process. Whether it is material, force or appearance, there are huge differences between different brands. The more uniform the combination of resin and carbon fiber, the fewer defects and the stronger the structural performance of the frame. By producing a more consistent composite carbon fiber, the hands of the designer are freed to create lighter, stronger and more durable eyewear.
2. Cutting. Cut the carbon fiber plate according to the size of the glasses, and cut it into rectangular blocks.
3. Bending. Bend the carbon fiber sheet. Common carbon fiber glasses have 0 bends, 200 bends, 400 bends and 600 bends, etc., and carbon fiber temples also have a certain degree of curvature. These cambers must be strictly implemented in accordance with the drawings.
4. Carved shape. After pressing the bend, use a precision CNC machine to carve out the shape of the glasses. Includes front frame and temples.
5. Tumbling and polishing. After the fine carving process, the accessories have been formed, rolled again and again in the drum, and then manually polished by hand, each surface must be round and bright.
6. Add protective layers. After sanding to a bright finish, rinse and let dry, then move on to adding a protective layer, spraying the surface with a thin, clear coat of paint and letting it dry.
7. Assembly. In the assembly workshop, the front frame, temples, pipes, leaves and lenses are assembled together. Before assembly, each component must be inspected in detail to ensure that the finished product is perfect.
8. Adjust the frame. Adjust the frame to match the CAD drawing.
9. Quality inspection. Before warehousing and shipment, 100% quality inspection must be carried out on each pair of produced carbon fiber glasses to ensure that the appearance and function can meet the requirements of pre-manufacturing.
Below is a pair of carbon fiber sunglasses.
Carbon fiber glasses
are safe, comfortable, strong and extremely light glasses. In the process of production, only by paying attention to every detail can we make perfect carbon fiber glasses frames
and provide consumers with the safest and most comfortable carbon fiber glasses.
Share Articles To:
PRE：Which is better, carbon fiber glasses or titanium glasses?
NEXT：The advantages and disadvantages of carbon fiber glasses